Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s space and resource management software. Responsibilities will include mentoring lower level Software Associates, creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application. Proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position.
In this role, you would be working on the EMS suite of products which consists of different technology stacks primary focused on .NET, GoLang, React and MS SQL Server. The product suite is comprised of a variety of different Web, mobile and desktop applications. The EMS Software solutions manage, monitor and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Engineering and will be in Accruent’s New Orleans, LA office.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Mentor junior developers on the team on engineering and company best practices.
- Act as an active member of the development team to work on incoming tickets/issues, performing analysis, solving each issue.
- Troubleshoot any system failures and discrepancies. Evaluates, selects, and implements recovery solutions.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Be an expert in at least one of the key technical and functional areas of a product.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts and design patterns.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Preferred skills/experience:
- .NET Framework 3.5+ and MS Visual Studio 2015 or newer.
- .NET Core Experience
- Microsoft SQL server databases
- Agile development methodologies
- Expertise in building scalable enterprise web-based applications
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.