Product Owner, EMS
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Product Management team:
Within our Product Management team, you will be involved through the entire lifecycle of our products. The team supports our customers to drive the future set and functionality to help them manage their physical resources. We are customer-centric in ensuring our products deliver value in every aspect.
The Product Owner will represent the business stakeholders and will be responsible for prioritizing the Product Backlog and defining project success in collaboration with the Scrum Team. Through regular alignment with management on direction, the Product Owner has the authority and is accountable for setting priorities and business value associated with each of the User Stories in the backlog(s) they manage. As a liaison for the Business, the Product Owner may work with Subject Matter Experts in policy or operations to ensure User Story input includes an accurate level of expertise.
This role will be working on/with our EMS product primarily focused on corporate and higher education industries. The EMS Software solutions manage, monitor, and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Product Management and this will be a remote / work from home opportunity.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Develops and prioritizes the backlog of User Stories for the Scrum team using Scrum development principles and ensures the highest priority work gets done first.
- Ensures that the Scrum team understands required features and functionality being delivered in each Sprint.
- Negotiates work with the Scrum team, by discussing the priority and team’s capacity and velocity.
- Serves as the liaison between the business stakeholders and the development team.
- Participates in the Sprint Review/Demo Meetings and accepts/rejects User Stories completed by the Scrum team.
- Re-prioritizes the backlog on an ongoing basis depending upon the changing Business Area needs and priorities.
- Collaboratively works with the Scrum team to answer any questions/discuss open items.
- Participates in Voice of the Customer (VoC) activities to ensure a current and relevant understanding of the customer needs.
- Resolves any blocking issue stemming from the business side.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, and processes.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience with JIRA, Aha or similar Agile Project Management tools.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn standard business practices related to Accruent Product Lines.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and flexibility when faced with fast-paced, complex challenges.
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a desire for continuous learning.
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information required.
- Preferred skills and/or Experience:
- Certified Product Owner
- Industry experience in CMMS and/or Real Estate and Asset Management
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.