Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
We are looking to hire an experienced Scrum Master who will provide process leadership across multiple parts of the organization. This person will have a strong understanding and working knowledge of Agile methodologies and frameworks (with direct experience in Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban highly desired), with an emphasis on implementing Agile in a manner that is compatible with the company’s culture and technical environment, and will coach others through the process to learn and embrace Agile. As Scrum Master for engineering teams, you will lead their collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, and leverage Agile best practices to optimize velocity, quality, and predictability. sThe ability to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast-paced environment is a must.
This position is an Individual Contributor role reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager and will be located at our office in Bangalore, India.
How you'll make a difference:
- Serving and supporting a high performing software development team(s) using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Bring the passion for Agile development processes.
- Collaborate across Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Hosting and other teams.
- Consistently takes Initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- Guiding and coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience with at least 2+ years as a Scrum Master.
- Thorough understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile
- Certified Scrum Master. Scaled Agilist certification or experience in a Scaled Agile organization is definitely a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams and multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work with enterprise clients, understand requirements and help guide the design and development of the roadmaps working with products and the engineering team.
- Outstanding analytical capacity and track record of delivering successful products.
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams — own and facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices and flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a best in class product and instill development best practices that drive high quality results.
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to set goals yielding improved business results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.