Senior Data Engineer
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
The Sr. Data Engineer will work with the big data team, as well as product teams from all across the business. You will be responsible for the design and development of data pipelines for streaming, batch, & data capture. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape our Analytics platform strategy from the ground up supporting our new initiatives in the AI/ML space.
How you'll make a difference:
- Dealing with large customer data and building highly efficient pipelines
- Troubleshooting data loss, data inconsistency, and other data-related issues
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to extract insights from large data sets
- Recommend and implement ways to increase data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Assist in the cleaning of warehousing data
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on data engineering
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or Scala
- Experience using Python libraries: Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, Dash, Plotly, Flask
- Extensive experience in RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience in big data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Databricks, etc.
- Experience in Cloud-based services such as Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.
- Experience handling large CSV and JSON files
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Great if you know (Skills):
- Experience with machine learning, statistics and data mining methodologies (supervised and unsupervised learning, natural language processing, clustering, decision trees, regression, etc.)
- Some exposure to containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Some exposure to NoSQL data stores such as Mongodb, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Ability to lead R&D and POC efforts
- Ability to learn new technologies on his/her own
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.