Principal Network Engineer- Remote
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure network solutions. Responsibilities include working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. The Principal Network Engineer works on network problems with a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a deep level of networking knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Cloud Operations and will be a remote, work from home opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Evaluate and plan future network designs and maintain all security posture.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of data center operations.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues in data center and office networks.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Document network topologies, hardware rack elevations and configuration details.
- Ensure proper monitoring of networking devices.
- Perform upgrades to firmware of networking devices.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
What you bring to the table:
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Experience designing and architecting global hybrid networks with a security centric approach
- Experience designing and maintaining public cloud network infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 7+ years’ experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls (NX-OS, IOS, ISR, CSR, Palo Alto, ASA, ACI, NSX-T)
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects with industry standard best practices
- Expertise with F5 load balancers
- CCIE, CCIE security, CCIE data center, or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred
- Team leadership with a focus on enabling the growth of others
- Preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Software defined networking
- Configuration management/automation
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.