Manager, Cloud Operations - Remote
Manager, Cloud Operations
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Manager, Cloud Operations leads a team of DBAs and System Engineers to build a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and elastic. The Manager, Cloud Operations will play a key role in increasing customer uptime, reducing opportunities for human error, and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction with the platform by working with the Devops team to develop tools that are self-service and easy to use. All of this must be done in a fiscally responsible manner by leveraging the best of both public and private clouds. Areas of responsibility include management of people, projects, servers, databases, deployment pipelines, and storage solutions
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem-solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Cloud Operations and will be a remote opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Embrace automation to improve speed and quality of environment provisioning, deployment, and management and take ownership and increase uptime for product development pipelines
- Work with Cloud Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams to design and build scalable and maintainable deployment pipelines and automation solutions
- Ensure deviations from product performance baselines are detected and reported to stakeholders
- Work with multiple departments across the business to ensure DevOps processes and technologies are integrated into the entire product lifecycle
- Develop and manage a budget to ensure effective use of capital
- Proactively conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities of the system are well understood and plans to scales are defined
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years hands on experience leading a technology team.
- 2+ years in a DevOps role, or overseeing DevOps personnel
- Working experience in public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Oracle)
- Experience implementing and maintaining configuration management tools (Chef, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Supporting knowledge of database, networking, operating systems, virtualization, and storage technologies (Oracle/Microsoft SQL, Cisco, Windows/Linux, VMware, NetApp)
- Familiar with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture; examples would be ITIL, COBIT and TOGAF
- Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.