Product Owner, FAMIS 360
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Product Management team:
The Product Owner will represent the business stakeholders and will be responsible for prioritizing the Product Backlog and defining project success in collaboration with the Scrum Team. Through regular alignment with management on direction, the Product Owner has the authority and is accountable for setting priorities and business value associated with each of the User Stories in the backlog(s) they manage. As a liaison for the Business, the Product Owner may work with Subject Matter Experts in policy or operations to ensure User Story input includes an accurate level of expertise.
This role will be working on/with our FAMIS 360 product within the higher education, corporate, and commercial real estate industries. FAMIS 360 is a Facilities Management Solution that allows users to manage property and asset maintenance, while reducing costs and improving operational efficiency.
This position reports directly to the Senior Product Manager and will be located in Accruent’s New Orleans, LA location. This will be a remote, work from home opportunity until the company’s return to work.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIATES TO BE CONSIDERED.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develops and prioritizes the backlog of User Stories for the Scrum team using Scrum development principles and ensures the highest priority work gets done first.
- Ensures that the Scrum team understands required features and functionality being delivered in each Sprint.
- Negotiates work with the Scrum team, by discussing the priority and team’s capacity and velocity.
- Serves as the liaison between the business stakeholders and the development team.
- Participates in the Sprint Review/Demo Meetings and accepts/rejects User Stories completed by the Scrum team.
- Re-prioritizes the backlog on an ongoing basis depending upon the changing Business Area needs and priorities.
- Collaboratively works with the Scrum team to answer any questions/discuss open items.
- Participates in Voice of the Customer (VoC) activities to ensure a current and relevant understanding of the customer needs.
- Resolves any blocking issues stemming from the business side.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, and processes.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience with JIRA, Aha or similar Agile Project Management tools.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn standard business practices related to Accruent Product Lines
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and flexibility when faced with fast-paced, complex challenges
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious and a desire for continuous learning.
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information required.
- Preferred skills and/or Experience:
- Certified Product Owner
- Industry experience in CMMS and/or Real Estate and Asset Management
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.