Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
This role will be working on/with our Lucernex product in the Commercial Real Estate, Education, Healthcare, Public, Retail, Telecom, and Utilities industry. Lucernex helps our customers manages sites and assets throughout the lifecycle. This includes: Market planning, site evaluation, project management, facility management, real estate leasing, equipment leasing, and rent accounting (full FASB and IASB).
This is a remote work opportunity and reports directly into the Senior Director, Engineering.
How you'll make a difference:
- Dealing with large customer data and building highly efficient pipelines
- Troubleshooting data loss, data inconsistency, and other data-related issues
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to extract insights from large data sets
- Recommend and implement ways to increase data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Assist in the cleaning of warehousing data
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on data engineering
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or Scala
- Experience using Python libraries: Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, Dash, Plotly, Flask
- Extensive experience in RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience in big data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Databricks, etc.
- Experience in Cloud-based services such as Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.
- Experience handling large CSV and JSON files
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Experience with machine learning, statistics and data mining methodologies (supervised and unsupervised learning, natural language processing, clustering, decision trees, regression, etc.)
- Exposure to containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Exposure to NoSQL data stores such as Mongodb, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Ability to lead R&D and POC efforts
- Ability to learn new technologies on your own