Associate Software Engineer- JAVA
Associate Software Engineer
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing and implementing products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include reviewing technical requirements and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This role will be working on/with our Lucernex product in the Commercial Real Estate, Education, Healthcare, Public, Retail, Telecom, and Utilities industry. Lucernex helps our customers manages sites and assets throughout the lifecycle. This includes: Market planning, site evaluation, project management, facility management, real estate leasing, equipment leasing, and rent accounting (full FASB and IASB).
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Engineering and will be located in Accruent’ s Office in New Orleans, LA.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Collaborate with internal team as well as cross functional teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach and ability to design and write junits.
- With experience, candidate will be expected to research problems, research various solutions, and devise a work plan to solve these problems.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department, or company at large.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- At least 1 year of working in JAVA
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Successful participation in software projects or coding bootcamps
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.