US Tax Specialist
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
The US Tax Specialist will be responsible for support and research on tax issues, responding to related tax correspondence, and assisting and preparing reports for any tax related accounting.
This position reports directly to the International Tax Manager and will be a remote opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Manage all indirect U.S. tax compliance, monthly sales tax for state, local tax and B&O (if any) filings
- Ensure compliance with all state and local tax rules
- Ensure records, returns and related reports comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist with internal audits relating to tax matters, external tax audits, and preparing guidelines and/or policies related to tax compliance.
- Preparation and filing of Canadian indirect taxes and UK VAT
- Reconciliations of tax-related general ledger accounts.
- Conduct sales and use tax research –tax rates, taxability, tax exemptions, etc.
- Determine taxability of new products and transactions and review of past products and validity of tax coding
- Resolve notices and assessments from taxing authorities
- Manage exempt certificates through CertCapture
- Filing the unclaimed properties report as they become due
- Obtain Business Licenses when requested by internal team
- Drive various special projects as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of progressive work experience in similar industry’s tax department and/or a public accounting firm regarding US sales tax
- Experience in all aspects of indirect tax (e.g., compliance, tax accounting, process improvement, tax technology).
- Deadline-driven and self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a fast paced, de-centralized global team.
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.