Senior Revenue Accountant - Remote
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Accounting team:
The Accounting department is a great place for learning and adapting to changes mainly due to acquisitions. They are the guardians of the financial data and assets of the company while working closely with the Finance department. Stagnant is not a word you would describe this team and they are constantly working on projects to improve and automate processes. They work hard but also maintain a fun and light-hearted environment to keep the business running. If you're drawn to teams being proactive versus reactive, then the Accounting department may be a fit for you.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to assist with the company’s accounting and revenue functions including reviewing contracts for revenue recognition determination, reconciling complex GL accounts including various deferred revenue accounts, researching and resolving issues and ensuring compliance with US GAAP. The Senor Revenue Accountant will review current contracts, perform monthly revenue close and reconciliation processes, participate in weekly deal reviews, and participate in revenue related projects. The Senior accountant will also mentor and eventually manage staff revenue accountants. This position will initially require much general ledger work. This position provides excellent exposure to management and great opportunity for upward mobility.
Accruent focuses on growing and developing world class talent. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for revenue, accounting and continuing to grow their skills and career. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy being and helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Revenue and will be a remote opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Review Revenue contracts (primarily Hosting/SaaS and Service), sales orders and renewals to determine proper revenue recognition accounting treatment
- Record and/or review revenue transactions in the accounting system
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close activities
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Manage complex accounts that require research in multiple systems and connecting with process owners
- Streamline existing policies, processes, controls, and recommend value-adding changes; initiate, assist, and implement automation whenever possible
- Participate in the project to implement the revenue standard ASC 606
- Research technical accounting guidance and propose accounting conclusions
- Mentor junior staff.
What you bring to the table:
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent project management skills, ability to be hands-on, multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on US GAAP
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to think critically and learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably a mix of public accounting/private experiences
- Big 4 accounting preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply a plus
- SaaS/Multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Ability to review and interpret contracts for revenue recognition
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Advanced excel skills to create data analysis and take large amounts of data and make it understandable
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, international transactions, and acquisitions is a plus
- Prior experience with Intacct and/or Salesforce is a plus
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.