HR Business Partner
Global HR Business Partner
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Human Resources team:
The Human Resources team has a mission to advocate for all employees from individual contributor level to managers and beyond. This team has a passion for creating a supportive work environment to make sure our staff is operating at peak performance. Human Resources shapes the people priorities within our organization and partners with leaders to continue to develop their strategies.
The Global Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) enhances the organization by supporting the business strategy through implementing and supporting key people initiatives such as talent management, talent acquisition, and organizational design. This is an individual contributor position, but this person will mentor and share their knowledge with the HR team. This individual will have a specialty focus with the Finance, Legal, People Teams, and will report to the Sr. Director of Human Resources. They will directly support the CFO, GC, and HRBP Executives. This position must be comfortable operating under minimal supervision.
How you'll make a difference:
- Functions as subject matter expert (SME) in HR competencies across the People Teams organization but with a specialty focus in sales compensation and performance management. Partners with People Teams leaders to ensure that processes and proposed policies and programs are aligned with industry best practices and are legally compliant. Drive philosophical and program changes through the organization, in conjunction with an evolving compensation strategic plan.
- Leading and supporting the execution of HR programs in the Commercial organization, providing a point of view on organizational and leadership gaps, consultation and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees to help drive business goals and foster positive employee relations.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, including conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations with resolutions that are aligned with company policies and best practices.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring legal compliance. Partners with internal and external legal counsel as needed/required.
- Conducts formal and informal leadership development needs analysis across the organization; partners with the L&D team to develop and administer training on HR-related matters across a global organization.
- Identifies internal training needs and facilitates inter-/intradepartmental knowledge-sharing efforts.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference is given to MBA & Masters level candidates.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive HR experience, preferably in the Software/Hi Tech industries, with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience with complex employee relations matters
- Prior Experience with compensation within a global landscape including pay bands and bonus structures
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high degree of integrity to work with confidential information
- Excellent communication, presentation, relationship management, time management, decision-making, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Effective interactions with all levels of employees, across different locations and cultures and ability to effectively gain the respect and build trust of client groups and People Teams
- Proficiency in multiple HR functional areas including employee relations, organizational development, recruiting, leadership development, change management, compensation, and culture
- Strong business acumen in addition to highly developed oral and written communications
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Prior experience working within a Global organization
- Prior experience supporting C-suite leaders
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- This is a remote working position with potential flex work dependent on candidate locaiton.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.