Vice President of Business Operations
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Vice President of Business Operations
The Operations team exists to empower the organization with resources to efficiently and effectively scale, expand, and pivot to achieve the company's global growth objectives. As VP of Operations, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the processes, systems and data insights across Accruent’s system to drive business insights and outcomes. The leader of this cross-functional team will oversee the Operations Teams for; Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, Renewals, Order and Quote team and Data Operations. Driving automation and business intelligence to influence key decisions will be key. Process automation and BI systems to both scale and grow the business will be imperative.
This position reports directly the CFO and will partner with key stakeholders, Commercial President, Chief Customer Officer, Finance and Business Systems.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Define and communicate benefits of a centralized operations organization and work directly on aligning functions/teams around a best operations and business intelligence model. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the commercial organizations.
- Provide managerial oversight to operations’ teams responsible for order processing, sales and marketing analytics, commission processing and facility management.
- Ensure planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company. · Provide guidance and insight for the commercial, renewal, and services organizations that will help define objectives that reflect and focus the goals of the business.
- Lead the efforts to equitably assign quotas that will ensure the financial objectives are being met and are optimally allocated.
- Partner with senior commercial leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the operations teams both strategically and tactically on how to optimize our go to market strategy.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the organization’s planning and execution efforts. As needed, coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders.
- Foster continuous process improvement by proactively identifying opportunities for improvement. Work closely with management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with the legal team to drive efficient contract administration and records retention, balancing the needs of stakeholders; extract meta-data to improve renewal rates and the client experience.
- Drive pricing strategy in partnership with the Product organization and is responsible for implementation and management of future pricing technology.
- Proactively diagnose the organization’s analytics requirements; design and deliver reporting to meet these requirements while providing cross-functional leadership recommendations.
- Manage team to monitor the accuracy and distribution of bookings reports to the executive team and sales organization.
- Recommend revisions to existing strategy and processes either through the better use of existing tools or implementation of new and improved process and/or tools.
- Manage team to monitor the assigned sales organization’s compliance with the required standards for maintaining CRM data and drives the team’s Salesforce Administration.
- Assess the learning needs of the organization and delivers effective operation and business intelligence enablement learning and coaching solutions.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Work with Accounting, and Finance, assists with sales and customer retention incentive compensation on an as needed basis.
- Review strategic goals and make operational and business intelligence recommendations to the senior leadership team to achieve objectives.
- Drive systems, processes, and cross-functional engagement to produce reliable forecasting.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 10+ years of experience in sales, order, revenue, and data operations in a business-to-business software sales environment
- 7+ years of experience managing internal KPI’s.
- 7+ years of Process Improvement experience
- Experience with use of business intelligence tools and processes
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge & experience with SaaS revenue recognition and oversight.
- Experience in managing net new business sales in both software and services/solutions.
- Experience managing or partnering account management resources that drive incremental revenue in both software and services/solutions.
- Recognized for adding value to the cross-organization processes.
- Ability to lead by actions and influence; effective in managing employee engagement toward improved employee performance.
- Excellent forecasting, reporting, communication skills
- Excellent talent developer, coach, mentor, sales leader, and thought leader.
- Committed to building a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- BA or BS in Finance, Management, or Accounting preferred; MBA desired but not required.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and administration of internal controls preferred.
- CMA, CFA, or CPA preferred.
- This job requires travel.
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT ACCRUENT AND FORTIVE
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With 2019 revenues of $7.3 billion, $1 billion in operating profit, and a market cap of $26 billion, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in software, field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation, and franchise distribution. Since its spin-off from Danaher, Fortive’s performance has resulted in 65% TSR, +1000bps of recurring revenue, and ~$8 billion in capital deployment. Fortune Magazine ranks Fortive as a part of the “The Future 50” companies. Future 50 companies are global companies with the best prospects for long-term growth, demonstrating both steady execution and forward-looking strategic nimbleness. Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 26,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service, and administrative employees in more than 50 countries around the world. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of the company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System (FBS). Although Fortive is a new company, its roots run deep. The Fortive portfolio is built with strong brands that are established leaders in the markets they serve.
Enter Accruent, Fortive’s largest software operating company. The leader in its industry, Accruent is the only fully integrated solution on the market that covers the entire physical resource management lifecycle for real estate, facilities, and asset management. For the last 24 years, the company's focus has been to provide a comprehensive physical resource management software platform that helps organizations extend the lifecycle of their assets. Accruent combines deep domain and industry capabilities with an integrated, cloud-based framework that serves over 10,000 global customers in real estate, healthcare, retail, education, telecom, manufacturing, and the public sector.
With more than 1,150 global employees, Accruent equips businesses in 150+ countries with the tools to manage their physical resources via a powerful, user-friendly platform. Their cloud-based SaaS solutions empower their customers to drill down into inefficiencies and transform how they manage every aspect of their physical resources.
Culturally, Accruent is best described as very entrepreneurial and collaborative; with the Fortive operating model encouraging tremendous autonomy across its 17+ operating companies and providing the financial resources for continued strategic acquisitions. Accruent has the opportunity to set the tone for the other Fortive “portfolio companies” as they push aggressively into cloud-based SaaS technologies.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.