DevOps, Software Engineer II
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
As a Software Engineer (DevOps), you will work alongside the Engineering organization to build enterprise-level infrastructure for the data platform team. You will play a key role in ensuring the platform is reliable, scalable and can handle automated deployments.
Accruent is growing rapidly, and we’re looking to add another highly motivated, insatiably curious, DevOps minded Engineer to the team. DevOps is involved in nearly every aspect of software development within the company, and you’d be joining a group of forward-thinking, highly skilled engineers who each play a major role in the growth and development of the company.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, scale and maintain the Data platform supporting the AI/ML models which provide business insights to our customers.
- Develop and continually improve automation for the deployment of data models.
- Build and maintain the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Drive enthusiasm and promote adoption of the principles and philosophy of the DevOps methodology across all engineering and operations teams
- Mentor and share best practices and new technologies with other members of the DevOps team to facilitate career growth
- Partner with software architects and developers to create automation that saves the organization time and money
- Enable application and deployment monitoring automation to detect and correct issues, bottlenecks, and performance problems
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with various teams to understand and solve common roadblocks
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with SaaS software and databases, or equivalent experience in software development including scripting and automation
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on DevOps engineering
- Building automated infrastructure and deployment (Kubernetes, serverless, etc)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with automated pipeline tools (Jenkins, Github Actions, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with industry-standard Cloud Platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience working in customer facing Production Environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Great if you know (Skills):
- Experience in RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience in big data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Databricks, etc.
- Some exposure to NoSQL data stores such as Mongodb, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)