Do you want to be part of a great team, formed by international team members, who all give their best? Grow professionally and personally in a friendly atmosphere, while always keeping up with the best tech stack and practices? And last but, not least have a direct impact on making our clients, end-users and Accruent ready for success?
Then come join our team!
We are looking for a System Engineer to strengthen our international team
Location: United Kingdom, ideally North Shields
What are your responsibilities
As System Engineer you are responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure solutions. Responsibilities include day to day configuration in Accruent’s primary observability platform, LogicMonitor and working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. You will require a wide body of systems knowledge, e.g., Windows, Linux, AD, etc. to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
You will work on systems issues on a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a wide base of technological knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution. Additional responsibilities you can think of are:
- Evaluate and plan future observability improvements and maintain overall security posture. Assist in design and implementation of highly available data center and cloud infrastructure according to best practice.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering, and stakeholders to provide technical systems solutions and improve health of data center and cloud operations.
- Prioritize and execute solutions of various device types and technology stacks.
- Understand Accruent’s SaaS applications to improve observability, resiliency, best practice standards, efficiency, and uptime. Perform upgrades and configuration changes to ensure highest quality of system architecture. Produce technical results which demonstrate the drive for consistent improvement of overall health of systems infrastructure. Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports into the Manager Cloud Operations, who is located in the US.
What we are ready to offer:
We offer you a great opportunity to work with people all over the world and get the chance to contribute to the success of our customers. It’s your time to develop and grow in an innovative and dynamic environment where you'll receive a competitive remuneration package, but most importantly the opportunity to build your own success. We at Accruent, create an environment where there is room for ideas and initiatives, experiences are impactful, and talent is developed. Currently, all our employees are working from home, due to the COVID-19 situation. If you are located in North Shields, then you will have the opportunity to work on from our office in Newcastle.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for someone that ideally has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience). You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and have the skills to communicate effectively to different internal and external stakeholders and, recognize important information. Within our fast-moving environment, you will be able to shift priorities and multitask.
As team player you enjoy and excel at problem solving and assisting others but could also work well independently.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience with Windows or Linux software and hardware installation and maintenance in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years’ experience with VMWare
- Experience with configuration management tools preferred
- Proficiency in scripting with Groovy, python, PowerShell or Ansible preferred
- Experience managing monitoring systems such as LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, Zenoss, MRTG, New relic, AppDynamics, DataDog, ELK, Nagios or Cacti
- Industry standard certifications a plus, e.g., VCP, AWS CSA, MCSA, RHCE, etc. preferred
Due to the international character of our hiring team, we kindly ask you to apply in English.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
All employment offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education and past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, or reference checks. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check. Assessment may be part of the application process.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested not to respond or contact us.