Manager - Software Design Engineer
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
We are looking to hire an experienced software engineering leader who understands technology and knows how to build a team and deliver results. You will be responsible for managing teams of software engineers across enterprise product lines. Successful Engineering Manager candidates will have outstanding analytic capabilities and a track record of delivering successful products as a people/delivery manager. Experience with Java, .NET, web and/or mobile technologies, as well as some experience in leading QA Engineers (with manual/automation skills) will also contribute to success in this role. The ability to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast-paced environment is a must.
This position reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager and will be located at our office in Bangalore, India.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build and lead a high performing software development team(s).
- Bring the passion for Agile development processes.
- Ensure team creates products using a test-driven design approach.
- Collaborate across Product Management, Quality Engineering, Professional Services, Hosting and other teams.
- Mentor, train and help grow an engineering team that includes entry-level developers.
- Ensure customer empathy and accountability for the product by proactive & reactive responses to product health issues.
- Participate in on-going training to stay current in required skills; and other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- 13+ years of overall experience which includes 4+ years of people management and 6+ years hands on software development experience.
- BE/ BTech or MTech in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management using agile development practices: SCRUM, Kanban, Scaled Agile
- Demonstrated ability to manage geographically dispersed teams and multiple projects at once.
- Ability to manage initiatives that require QA engineers to automate a product’s full regression test suite, and implement performance/security testing strategies
- Ability to work with enterprise clients, understand requirements and help guide the design and development of the roadmaps working with products and the engineering team.
- Outstanding analytical capacity and track record of delivering successful products as a developer and manager.
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to set goals and respectfully provide positive and constructive feedback yielding positive relationships and improved business results.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a best in class product and instill development best practices that drive high quality results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Successful lead role in developing enterprise application frameworks (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of web based scalable, redundant technologies (preferred)
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.