Tax & Treasury Manager - REMOTE
Personal development and becoming the best you, is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
This position reports directly to the Global Assistant Controller and will be a remote, work from home opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support a team of 2 Accounts Receivable Specialist-Cash Application.
- Own the US Sales tax compliance (registrations/exemption certificates), regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) state, local sales tax and B&O (if any) filings
- Own the tax notices and assessments from taxing authorities and resolving them in timely manner
- Drive the sales tax VDA process and coordinate with external firm to ensure proper VDA reporting
- Manage US Sales tax audits and coordination with auditors
- Accountable for preparation and filing of commodity taxes (GST/HST, QST) for Canada and US, preparation of VAT returns for UK and Germany
- Create/implement processes in regard to unclaimed properties – to be reported and potential claims
- Work with our Fortive Corporate & State tax team for the annual provision, RTP, and preparation of the annual tax packages (US and foreign)
- Responsible for preparation/coordination with external firms for Corporate taxes in Canada, UK and Germany
- In charge of account reconciliations for tax accounts.
- Responsible for reviewing bank access on regular basis to ensure accuracy
- Drive the opening/closing bank accounts and moving them to our corporate cash pool in all countries (where feasible)
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date bank signors and quarterly cash reporting to Fortive (parent company)
- Provide training for cash app team and implementing processes/deadlines to ensure minimal to no outstanding bank transactions
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as needed.
- Detail oriented. Dives-into-the-details. Analytical.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience and/or private company experience
- Able to demonstrate strong critical think in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience with Federal and Local Taxes
- General understanding of GAAP, experience with multi-entity environments, and experience operating in a US entity with international subsidiaries a plus
- Able to independently analyze financial records and be a clear communicator to the team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity & problem-solving skills a must
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, non-exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.