Technical Consultant- EMS
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Professional Services team:
Our Professional Services team is dedicated to our customers in ensuring they are successful and happy in the Accruent products they purchase. You will help our clients map a path to the Accruent platform to solve their overarching business problems. We are looking for highly motivated, fast moving, and dynamic individuals to help implement and deliver our world class platform solutions.
The Technical Consultant is responsible for supporting, designing and implementing customizations to the enterprise-level applications which clients have purchased. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) programming custom applets that supplement current functionality and interface with exposed API’s and supporting the technical components of complex software implementations.
This role will be on/with our EMS product within the Commercial Real Estate industry. The EMS Software solutions manage, monitor and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Professional Services and will be a work from home position with geographic flexibility.
How you'll make a difference:
- Provides technical leadership in preparation for and during client implementation including overseeing the translation of high level business requirements into technical specifications for complex implementation requirements.
- Acts as subject matter expert for advanced technical design, installation, and integration support to insure customer success.
- Advises clients on advanced system requirements, hardware and technical configurations.
- Executes software installations and upgrades, review customer-completed installations, execute and troubleshoot server and technical software configurations.
- Serves as an integration product expert, demonstrating robust product knowledge including an advanced understanding of MS SQL, MS Exchange, Active Directory, CAS, Shibboleth, SAML, & IIS for both on premise and hosted installations.
- Provides guidance, training, and resource development to actively advance the technical, application, and environmental knowledge of the Professional Services team
- Designs and implement data migration and conversion strategies to support pre-sales discovery and solution implementation.
- Applies industry and functional best practices as applicable to each customer to insure a scalable, sustainable solution.
- Focuses on customer go-live and success in all project activities.
- Contributes to the collective wisdom of the Professional Services team by documenting solutions as needed for future reference
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in technology or business or 5+ years’ experience in applicable field
- 3+ years in a consulting role within a Professional Services or Client Services organization preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of various levels of technical competency (end users, database administrators, C-level information officers)
- Strong SQL skills including ability to write efficient queries and scripts to identify, insert, remove, and update data within a SQL database based on a stakeholder needs or use cases
- Good working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory to support the ability to provide guidance and configuration support of multiple web applications
- Proven implementation and troubleshooting experience with common identity management solutions and authentication strategies including LDAP, ADFS, SAML, CAS, Shibboleth
- 1-3 years of experience with Hosted/Cloud based solutions including Office 365 to comfortably navigate and support on premise, hosted, and hybrid application infrastructures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL and .NET applications to support installation, configuration, and navigation within database server environments
- The ability to analyze customer requirements to provide architecture and configuration recommendations that meet the business needs and expected outcomes in a scalable, sustainable solution
- This job requires up to 25% travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.