Network Security Engineer
Do you want to be part of a great team, formed by international team members, who all give their best? Grow professionally and personally in a friendly atmosphere, while always keeping up with the best tech stack and practices? And last but, not least have a direct impact on making our clients, end-users and Accruent ready for success? Then come join our team!
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer to strengthen our international team
Location: United Kingdom, ideally North Shields
What are your responsibilities
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
As Network Security Engineer you will be responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure network security solutions. Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining WAF/WAAPS, IDS/IPS and firewalls. You will work with a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require deep level of network security knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
How you'll make a difference:
- Ensure proper configuration and monitoring of network security devices.
- Monitor vendors to ensure upgrades, installation and configurations are appropriate.
- Evaluate and plan future network designs and maintain and improve network security posture.
- Provide subject matter expertise and participation in the development and maintenance of network security policy.
- Coordinate with Security, Cloud Operations, Engineering, and stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of security operations.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues in data center and public cloud networks.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Document network security standards, topologies, and configuration details.
- Perform upgrades to firmware of network security devices.
- Facilitate network penetration tests, assess findings and design appropriate mitigations.
- Be available to participate in an on-call rotation which provides 24x7 support for all network security systems across all product lines.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Cloud Operations. Remote position will be considered for the right candidate.
What we are ready to offer:
We offer you a great opportunity to work with people all over the world and get the chance to contribute to the success of our customers. You’’ll receive a competitive remuneration package, but most importantly the opportunity to work on your own growth and development. Currently, all our employees are working from home, due to the COVID-19 situation. If you are located in North Shields, then this role will be hybrid role, working both remote and from our office in Newcastle.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for someone that ideally has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience). You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Within our fast-moving environment, you will be able to shift priorities and multitask. As team player you enjoy and excel at problem solving and assisting others but could also work well independently.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with administration and implementation of network security for data center and public cloud
- Experience securing and maintaining public cloud network infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 3+ years’ experience with IDS/IPS and WAF solutions (Palo Alto, F5, Cloudflare, Citrix)
- Strong ability to perform investigations as part of a formal incident management framework.
- Deep level understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Proficiency with F5 WAF, PAN-OS IDS/IPS
- Strong knowledge of current network level threats
- Proven ability to work within change management framework
- CCNP security, CCSP or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred
- Preferred skills:
- Software defined networking
- Configuration management/automation
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
All employment offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education and past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, or reference checks. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check. Assessment may be part of the application process.