Associate Legal Counsel (Compliance)
Associate, Legal Counsel
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. Accruent is an international, fast paced, and rapidly growing software company with 1,000+ employees that is headquartered in Austin, Texas. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for us:
Are you looking to join a high performing team? Our Legal team is comprised of trusted advisors and operates in a lean, fast paced, dynamic environment. By working collaboratively across the company, you will be an instrumental in driving growth, scale and continuous improvement in the business.
Accruent is looking for an Associate, Legal Counsel to join its Legal team. This person will own and drive company-wide compliance, such as ethics investigations, risk assessment review, and data privacy compliance, serve as a trusted advisor to the company’s HR team on employment and labor matters, and advise the General Counsel on legal matters related to Accruent’s operations and compliance, as well as assist with negotiation of buy-side and sell-side agreements as needed. This position is a great opportunity for the right attorney to deploy their knowledge and drive value across a global organization while gaining valuable legal and business experience.
This position reports directly to the General Counsel and may be remote (US).
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop and/or administer company-wide legal programs such as compliance, risk management, policy management, data privacy, and corporate governance.
- Support the company’s incident reporting and investigation process directly by investigating allegations of misconduct and by providing support and advice to internal lawyers and outside firms conducting investigations
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the company’s HR team and provide guidance on labor, employment and compensation matters
- Research and legal advice on a wide range of matters regarding Accruent’s operations
- Assist with ad hoc legal initiatives (e.g., entity structuring, privacy/security, data usage rights analysis, risk mitigation, etc.)
- Support the contracts team in drafting and negotiating customer, partner and vendor agreements as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to thrive as a member of a team
- Ability to own and drive projects to completion
- Orientation towards continuous improvement
- Understanding of business objectives and ability to appropriately assess risk
- Proven track record of good judgment and ability to protect company interests
- Maturity to interact effectively and with confidence across all leadership levels
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Licensed attorney with strong academic credentials
- 5+ years of experience, including at least 3+ years of compliance and employment work, with a preference for candidates with meaningful in-house experience
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Experience with software or technology industry preferred but not required
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.