OASBO-OMC 70th Annual Workshop
Association: Ontario Association of School Business Officials
When: July 10-13, 2018
Where: Huntsville, Ontario
Wednesday July 11 - 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
The Evolution of Capital Planning & Asset Management - the Durham Catholic DSB Story
Presenters: Lewis Morgulis, Durham Catholic DSB and William (Bill) Roth
The presentation will highlight how the Durham Catholic District School Board has enhanced and leveraged its Facility Condition Assessment data to maintain a rolling multi-year capital plan to improve the performance of its elementary and secondary schools by:
- Providing an overview of the DCDSB’s goals and objectives of the multi-year capital planning process.
- Presenting the current state of the DCDSB’s planning process including the steps in its evolution
- Reviewing the tools developed to support the process and how they integrate with the DCDSB’s VFA facility database
- Focusing on the importance of consistent, defensible FCA as the foundation for a successful capital plan
- Discussing how the process and tools have been embraced by the Board’s Senior Administration and the Board of Trustees
- Reviewing the process utilized by DCDSB to keep the data up-to-date and in compliance with Ministry of Education reporting requirements
- Discussing the options for planned future improvements to the process in the coming years
Thursday July 12 - 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Facility Condition Assessment Program and Capital Planning for Ontario School Boards
Presenters: Hitesh Chopra, Minsitry of Education and Sazan Bimo, Accurent
Facility Condition Program is in the 8th Year. We have gathered data that Boards can use for making better decisions about funding of important Building components and improving the condition of Education Facilities. The quality of data gathered from the program needs to be supported by the ongoing work of Board users. This workshop after giving a status of the FCAP will show the full cycle of data gathering, prioritization, spending and reporting in VFA.facility.