Southern Healthcare System
Gaining Insights into Preventive Maintenance, Work Orders, SLAS, Audits, and Utilization
One of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States, the Healthcare System includes 29 acute-care, short-stay, behavioral health, rehabilitation and transitional care hospitals. It also includes more than 100 outpatient facilities, satellite emergency rooms, surgery centers, fitness centers, and imaging centers, as well as 250 other community access points including clinics, doctors’ offices, sleep medicine clinics, and Minute Clinics.
The Healthcare System was outgrowing its existing computerized maintenance management system, which lacked key metrics such as service-level agreements (SLAs), lifecycle information and upkeep costs on all medical equipment, and was disconnected from other enterprise systems such as payroll. In addition, with each of the hospitals doing its own reporting, there was no centralized or standardized information to share and compare.
“We wanted better data to make decisions on capital equipment and staffing, and to be more proactive with maintenance.”
Cloud-based and built on ServiceNow, the Healthcare System selected the Connectiv healthcare technology management (HTM) solution for its:
- Automatic workflows to ensure all critical data is captured
- Clear dashboards to maintain line of sight across all facilities
- Integration with ECRI to deliver safety alerts and generate work orders automatically
- Integration with the medical device cybersecurity system to view statistics and troubleshoot issues
“I liked how Connectiv had the analytics to make my job easier and was built on ServiceNow, which is best of breed for IT management.”
With the Connectiv dashboard, the HTM Department now has insight into fundamental data such as preventive maintenance completions, work orders, SLAs, audits, and more. Connectiv also shows utilization and other machine data to predict if maintenance is needed and schedule repair work during times when usage is low. These insights have enabled the Healthcare System to make better, more informed decisions on capital equipment and staffing.
- Improved access to enterprise data
- Enforceable processes for tracking compliance data, costs, and trends
- Streamlined medical device security
- Better decision-making data for patient care
- Cost savings through improved analysis of equipment maintenance, contracts, and lifecycles