Masters Gallery Foods
Increasing asset uptime and reliability through improved maintenance efficiencies.
SQUARE FOOT MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTION FACILITY
POUNDS OF PRODUCT MANUFACTURED PER YEAR
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES
PLANNED MAINTENANCE ACHIEVED
A family-owned company operating a multi-acre campus, Masters Gallery Foods is a leading national cheese supplier with one of the largest privately held cheese inventories in the United States. The company’s state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility produces more than 200 million pounds of product a year and boasts numerous packaging lines to serve private label, retail, and foodservice customers around the world.
Prior to implementing Maintenance Connection, Masters Gallery Foods was using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that was hard to use, offered no mobility, and had limited reporting. The team also used spreadsheets and often encountered unplanned maintenance. The company wanted to engage in asset maintenance proactively, gain a transparent view into the metrics to help attain organizational goals, and automate day-to-day maintenance tasks.
- Existing CMMS platform was not user-friendly and lacked mobile access.
- Limited visibility into asset uptime and lifespan.
- Limited options to access reporting data.
Masters Gallery Foods selected Maintenance Connection as its new CMMS and looked to obtain immediate results by automating maintenance requests and reporting. Automated reporting enables the company to measure and improve key metrics such as on-time preventive maintenance completion, wrench time to administration time, and planned vs unplanned maintenance.
- Single source of truth for all asset and preventive maintenance history
- Mobility that allows technicians to access information quickly from mobile devices
- Automatic reports and KPIs emailed directly to team members
Using Maintenance Connection, Masters Gallery Foods has focused on decreasing unplanned maintenance. With 2,000+ preventive maintenance schedules, the company has achieved an 85% planned maintenance to 15% unplanned maintenance split. With access to information on mobile devices, technicians are now able to improve response times and work as efficiently as possible.
- Increased asset uptime and reliability.
- Dramatically reduced administration time.
- Improved planned vs unplanned maintenance ratio.
- Better visibility and tracking of KPIs through enhanced reporting.
- Faster technician response times with mobile access.