Improving Equipment Maintenance, Parts Sourcing and Capital Planning with Healthcare Technology Management
PATIENTS TREATED ANNUALLY
BIOMED AND IMAGING ASSETS
Based in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, ProHealth Care treats more than 400,000 patients annually through its 13 primary care clinics, three hospitals, home health care, inpatient and home hospice services, senior living communities, health and fitness center, and more.
The Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) group, needed a more efficient, reliable way to manage more than 17,000 biomedical and imaging assets. The team was using a basic work order system with limited flexibility that made it challenging to keep up with key HTM initiatives such as expanding purchasing of parts and fleet equipment, implementing an effective cybersecurity program for connected medical devices, and collaborating with IT while operating independently.
- De-centralized manual processes were time-consuming and inefficient
- Inability to configure and expand workflows to meet HTM-specific needs
- Difficulty sharing medical device information with IT
ProHealth Care implemented the ServiceNow-certified Connectiv solution to manage all aspects of its medical devices and facility equipment. The HTM team uses the solution to capture, track, and manage device data, create tailored workflow processes, set up event-based preventative maintenance, and fully document and share cybersecurity information.
- Automatic procedures for work order assignments with notifications
- Device utilization tracking with under- or over-utilization rates
- GE Healthcare Service Shop integration for streamlined parts procurement within work orders
Using Connectiv, ProHealth Care can now make highly informed decisions on purchasing and redeploying equipment, and better parts cost tracking has boosted parts savings to $200,000 annually. Ad hoc reporting has simplified the compliance process and ensures work orders are completed quickly, and increased collaboration with IT has led to stronger cybersecurity device integration.
- $200,000 annual savings through improved parts tracking and sourcing
- Better negotiations on service contracts due to detailed expense tracking
- Increased visibility into the cost effectiveness of repairing equipment
- Improved capital planning decisions as a result of accurate device utilization data
- Enhanced business processes including equipment disposal and Alternative Equipment Maintenance (AEM)