EMS Platform Services
Take advantage of Accruent’s EMS APIs and Open Architecture to Build Custom Integrations
Accruent’s EMS Platform Services is the middle-tier component and RESTful API foundation that provides a modern, scalable way for our partners and customers to integrate with the EMS Platform. Platform Services gives your organization the freedom to create your own integrations more quickly and with less complexity.
Platform Services enables the development of cross-platform applications that can be customized, cloud-based, scalable and easily integrated. It provides a business and resource layer that enables the central development of applications, reducing complexity and development time. EMS Platform Services fosters innovation by ensuring easy maintenance and efficient management of an application’s lifecycle.
Integrations for Customers and Partners
EMS Platform Services is now an integral part of the EMS architecture. Updated points of access such as the EMS Mobile App, EMS Kiosk App and EMS for Microsoft Outlook® add-in and integrations like Microsoft Teams and Zoom all require the installation of Platform Services. With these offerings, no additional licensing is required.
To use the RESTful Application Programming Interface (API) to create custom integrations with the EMS platform or access EMS partner integrations, Accruent customers must purchase separate licenses to the full EMS Platform Services library.
Examples of What You Can Create with Platform Services:
- Hardware integrations with digital signage, sensors and voice-controlled personal assistants.
- Systems integrations, such as with facility management systems, lecture capture and wayfinding software.
- Integrations with custom access points, such as kiosks, or simple mobile apps developed in-house by your organization.
- Marketable integration solutions for EMS customers, such as event display apps and payment portals.
- Designed for Efficiency - Create your own integrations to custom access points or business systems more quickly and with less complexity.
- Improved Performance - RESTful APIs are simple to consume, lightweight and have a faster response time.
- Ease of Development - Documentation and a growing library help to create custom integrations faster and easier.
- Update Convenience - Fixes, enhancements and/or new features can now be dispersed simultaneously to all products through Platform Services.
RESTful API vs. SOAP API
The original Read-Only API and the Updating API were both optional system features built to integrate via SOAPbased web services. Previously, API calls were developed only as needed.
The EMS Platform Services architecture, introduced in 2017, is a carefully designed intermediary layer of business logic and resources that provides a buffer between the applications and EMS databases. The RESTful API provides a consistent experience across all EMS products and a modern, scalable way to integrate with the EMS Platform. EMS applications for mobile and Outlook consume platform services, and so APIs are available to build similar custom applications. EMS continually adds to the RESTful API library. In the future, all EMS applications will consume the Platform Services layer.
|Operating System||IIS Version|
|Windows Server 2019||10.0|
|Windows Server 2016||10.0|
|Windows Server 2012||8.0|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||8.5|
|Under Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Application Development|
|ASP.NET Version 4.6||
Integrating with EMS Platform Services
Platform Services provides RESTful APIs that empower customers and partners to build custom, multi-platform applications connected to EMS. Any client or device accessing EMS Platform Services must be a registered Integration Client.
Example Customer Applications
Platform Services allows customers to create their own custom data integrations to apps for the web, mobile devices, kiosks and more.
- A custom video conference portal (consulting firm).
- A custom web app (consulting firm).
- A custom mobile app using EMS and other systems (government contractor).
- A visitor management system (financial firm).
Example Partner Integrations:
EMS solutions partners can create marketable integration solutions for the EMS customer community.
- Event display applications (e.g., flight board-type apps).
- A service provider application (e.g., a mobile version of EMS Setup Worksheet).
- Credit Card Payment Portal integration.
- Digital signage software integration.
- HVAC software integration.
EMS Platform Services are fully documented with samples and best practices.