Preventing engineering data inconsistencies for safe and efficient flight operations.
Zurich Airport is Switzerland’s most significant transport and meeting hub, employing over 27,000 employees at more than 280 partner companies. The airport is owned and operated by Flughafen Zurich AG, who is responsible for maintaining the building infrastructure and ensuring that all processes run smoothly for safe and efficient flight operations.
Prior to implementing Meridian, archiving the airport’s architectural plans was the responsibility of four employees. The group’s day-to-day efficiency suffered increasingly due to the large number of inconsistent plans and data. Additionally, Zurich Airport was using a proprietary AS/400 solution for data creation and tracking that was not user-friendly and insufficient to manage a stock of approximately 60,000 architectural plans.
Zurich Airport selected the Meridian solution to provide the group with improved usability, flexibility to add future users, an interface for AutoCAD, and facilitate the migration and cleanup of data. Accruent partner Mensch und Maschine was entrusted to perform the implementation, which was completed on time and within budget.
- Configurable document types, file structures, workflows, and interfaces.
- Automatic rendition of drawings to PDF format.
- Revision and numbering systems for projects, plans, and buildings.
- Access permissions based on roles and groups.
Zurich Airport now benefits from data collection that is fast, user-friendly, and more efficient. Inconsistencies are prevented effectively, and transparency benefits the archive, where the ability to find documents easily has improved significantly.
Because the entire system is designed to be open, CAD plans of other departments such as Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Sanitation (HLKKS), Electrical, or Civil Engineering can be integrated in the future.
- Improved accessibility, quality and availability of engineering data.
- Time savings through full search capabilities.
- Prevention of data inconsistencies.
- Faster and more efficient data collection.