The 6 Most Expensive Work Orders in Grocery
Grocery stores businesses tend to run on profit margins of 1-2% after taxes according to FMI*– this means every maintenance dollar counts.
- Refrigeration and Refrigeration Compliance: Our customers spend up to 25-40% of their total work order spend on refrigeration related work orders
- Building and Property Maintenance: Our customers spend 13-18% of their total work order spend on maintaining the buildings and grounds around their store
- Hot Foods and Food Preparation Equipment: Hot food equipment and food preparation equipment accounts for 11-20% of overall work order spend
- Plumbing: 5-8% of all work order spend in grocery stores goes to plumbing related work orders
- Electric/Lighting: These work orders account for 8-10% of all work orders in a grocery store
- HVAC: Account for 3-8% of all work orders in a grocery store
Grocery stores have significant assets they need to maintain every day to ensure food quality and safety. Over half of a typical grocer’s maintenance spend is in the 6 categories above.
Accruent is a leader in grocery maintenance solutions. To better protect your stores from food loss and improve customer experience.