As professionals, we are constantly seeking solutions that allow us to do our best work and make business run smoothly and cost-effectively.
Within the realm of meeting and conference room scheduling software, what are the five leading problems that people are always trying to solve?
- Time-consuming manual processes and multiple, disparate systems involved in scheduling and managing meetings, rooms and resources.
- Insufficient Microsoft Outlook capabilities, such as managing meeting resources and services.
- Lack of information about space utilization, such as when and how often rooms are being used.
- Inability to reserve a variety of individual workspaces to support a flexible, activity-based workplace.
- Poor communication between parties and departments required to manage a meeting or event.
Accruent's customers have said goodbye to these top five problems. Built with greater depth and breadth of functionality than any other meeting and room scheduling software, EMS easily solves the problems listed above and more. Here’s how:
Eliminate Multiple Systems
EMS allows you to manage all aspects of meetings and rooms using one scheduling solution. For example, with EMS you can:
- Centralize requests, changes and cancellations for meetings, rooms and services.
- Create resources, services, and catering menus, and associate costs with each item.
- Bill and invoice outside vendors and internal departments or charge back services to internal cost codes.
- Attach files, links or other information within a reservation.
By using EMS to do everything listed above, you can streamline your processes to increase productivity and reduce costs.
Integrate with Microsoft Outlook
Outlook is primarily an email and calendar application and is notorious for double bookings. While a good tool for simple calendaring, Outlook falls short when organizations want to manage meetings, rooms, resources, services, hoteling corporate events and everything in between. Yet, when coupled with the vast functionality of EMS, Outlook becomes a powerful tool.
Within the EMS solution, you can use Outlook’s interface to manage all aspects of a meeting, such as services and resources, in addition to room reservations, desk hoteling and more.
Increase Intelligence with Space Utilization Data and Reporting
EMS provides 130 out-of-the-box reports and the ability to create custom reports to meet your business requirements. EMS space utilization reports allow you to:
- Track when and how people use your space.
- Identify underused and overused space.
- Capture a detailed history of reservation changes to understand use trends.
With EMS space utilization data and reporting, you can make informed decisions about office design, square footage per employee calculations, meeting room sizes, hoteling strategies and overall real estate footprints. One customer eliminated six floors of space based on EMS utilization data, resulting in significant real estate savings.
Implement a Flexible, Activity-Based Workplace
EMS enables organizations to support a flexible, activity-based workplace. With EMS, you can:
- Reserve any kind of workspace, such as desks, offices and collaboration areas.
- Manage and support seating areas by zone (or neighborhood), such as business unit, job function or project team.
- Restrict access or review and approve access to spaces based on criteria such as employee rank or business unit View office floorplans and see workspace pictures to select your preferred workspace.
- Find where your peers are located in order to reserve workspaces in the same area.
With the capabilities listed above, flexible, activity-based workplace strategies become simple and empowering.
Improve Communication Across Departments and Stakeholders
EMS greatly improves the communication between meeting stakeholders and departments. For example, with EMS you can:
- Automate setup and teardown instructions for things like room configuration, catering and A/V.
- Send fulfilment confirmations and change alerts to service providers.
- Automate the approval process for managed rooms, resources and services.
- Send concierge staff visitor information for check-in.
- Automatically inform meeting hosts when visitors have checked in.
With EMS, communication greatly improves. In fact, 75% of our customers report that EMS improved internal and external meeting related communication and coordination.
Accruent's EMS room scheduling software is a game changer for modern industry.
Clearly, EMS conference room scheduling software solves the top five problems related to meeting room management, which makes EMS a high value solution for enterprise and higher education organizations.
Has the time come for you to say goodbye to these five problems? Contact us to schedule a demo today.