Streamlining operations with real-time maintenance and parts inventory tracking.
Encore Wire, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of copper and aluminum for residential, commercial, and industrial building wire needs in the United States. Headquartered in McKinney, Texas, the company is a one-stop source with state-of-the-art warehouse facilities, and it leads the way in reducing and recycling products to make a positive impact on the environment.
Encore Wire was expanding at a rapid pace while still using a manual, paper-based work order process to track and manage assets. With more than 140 technicians spread out over 8 plants and 420 acres, the prolonged process lacked the organization and auditing capabilities required.
- Time-consuming hand-written work orders.
- Lack of a formal planned preventive maintenance (PPM) plan.
- No online inventory system for cataloging and locating parts.
After implementing Maintenance Connection as its CMMS platform, Encore Wire technicians now conduct maintenance more quickly and digitally record information on mobile devices for real-time results. Maintenance Connection also allowed the company to create a comprehensive inventory catalog and to form a preventive maintenance team focused specifically on PPM for critical assets.
- Mobile work order access for streamlined maintenance processes.
- Instant notifications of equipment failure.
- Detailed tracking of inventory and equipment parts.
With the help of Maintenance Connection, Encore Wire improved its processes, increased productivity, and streamlined operations. The company has greater visibility into maintenance, and better inventory tracking allows employees to easily identify parts, quantities, and their physical location. In addition, the company has an improved ability to find alternate replacement parts, track inventory cost history, and create vendor lists for purchasing parts.
- Better uptime and greater output of wire as a result of PPM.
- Significant time savings for technicians in work order creation and fulfillment.
- Quicker restoration of service and production due to automatic alerts.
- Greater time efficiency with an established preventive maintenance crew.