Achieving Data Aggregation More Effectively with Attainia
Healthcare facilities are complex systems. There are countless moving parts, numerous divisions, a plethora of systems and platforms, and a whole host of employees. They also face some of the strictest regulations of any industry. These factors make oversight a major challenge.
Fortunately, technology is providing these organizations with solutions, one of which is comprehensive data aggregation. Accruent recently partnered with Attainia to offer health care providers even more ways to save money and manage the full lifecycle of their equipment.
An Overview of Attainia Products
There are three categories of products that Attainia offers. Each of these products has a different purpose, yet they work seamlessly together to allow organizations to enter, oversee and evaluate data in a more aggregated way.
This product is all about connecting the data from a healthcare agency’s new construction or renovation project with a point of entry that is cloud-based. It provides users with a single place to enter, store and view equipment specifications, make budget changes, track equipment and communicate with stakeholders.
The platform has a catalog that is unparalleled by any other in the industry. It has a growing list of medical equipment SKUs, numbering in the tens of thousands. This allows management to build an accurate record of their equipment. The detailed catalog information helps leadership to avoid costly planning mistakes and keeps contractors and architects within the organization’s vision and best practices.
PLAN also allows:
- Access from any device in any location (only available in 3.0)
- Multiple projects to be on the platform at the same time
- Capital planning that enables management to budget before the project, procure equipment, oversee equipment installation, create phases and dates for projects, install codes, and more
- Communication with stakeholders that are part of the organization, as well as with those who are temporarily contracted for a specific project
- The use of pre-made templates or the creation of customized templates so that every project can be accurately budgeted for
- Organizations to save money by reducing costly change orders—instead, medical equipment specifications are updated in real-time
Attainia offers cloud-based software that puts all capital medical equipment requisition in a single place. From start to finish, all annual capital equipment requests are processed, removing the silos that once existed for each department’s capital equipment requests.
Clinicians are able to enter and view their request for specific equipment at any time providing transparent access to the status of their request as it travels throughout the approval process. The bird’s eye view that comes with this platform enables equipment to be categorized in a way that increases its availability for reuse, and the equipment list can even be published or linked to an internal communication system.
- Healthcare organizations that have multiple facilities to leverage a single, aggregated platform for all requests to be made on
- Management to view all capital equipment, whether it is on standard or contract
- The organization to gain the benefit of volume discounts by aggregating all capital equipment requests due to normalized taxonomy, consolidated database for all equipment requests versus varying descriptions and paper methodologies instead of each piece being purchased individually
- Hierarchy to be customized so that departmental and committee approval can be streamlined and permission-driven
- The reuse of equipment to be simplified because dimensions, electrical requirements and cut sheet information are linked
This product is dedicated to making planned capital more transparent. Whether that capital is construction, renovation or equipment, management has access to a platform that offers an aggregated view.
At its core, PREDICT is an analytics dashboard. It helps every department to more effectively plan for their capital needs and for leadership to ensure they are maintaining standardization throughout the organization. This, in turn, encourages better contract compliance because all equipment from Attainia’s other systems can be viewed in PREDICT.
In a similar way to BUDGET, users have visibility to all planned equipment for their organization and can gain volume discounts by consolidating data for both projects and routine replacement requests
When organizations use Attainia’s products, they also gain access to Attainia’s data management services. The beauty behind these services is that they provide even more data aggregation with tools outside of Attainia’s offerings. Organizations are empowered with total integration.
- Attainia has a versatile API to share PLAN data with 3rd party applications,
- It works well with ERPs to eliminate data entry redundancy.
- Different organizations that both use Attainia can migrate data to one another.
- The systems work well with various design programs, allowing for data to be moved into a design or construction program in real-time.
The list of integrations is extensive, from importing data from different sources to a partnership with FreightTrain to more accurate equipment layouts with CodeBook. Additionally, because equipment descriptions are normalized, the process of data migration becomes much less confusing.
The Benefits of Data Aggregation
The aggregation of data is appealing to businesses in all sectors because it provides leadership with a more organized view of what is going on within the company. When the aggregated information is analyzed, it offers more in-depth insights that can transform a company’s strategy.
It can increase profits, enable a business to serve customers better, reduce employee attrition and so much more. In short, when all business data is in one place, it lets leadership see what is truly happening within all of its systems and processes.
The Key to Successful Data Aggregation
Data aggregation is no simple process for any business. The main reason for this is the many systems and platforms that any given company relies on. Some of them work well together and integrate them smoothly. Others, especially legacy systems, become siloed.
This is why organizational leadership should review the software that is used. If a system does not provide flexibility when it comes to data migration, it loses most of its benefits. The right platform provider will find ways for any data to be easily imported and exported.
Attainia can aggregate data, giving facilities the means of analysis and standardization from inventory, through project development, and into annual capital equipment predictions. Funneling data into a coordinated summary that links yesterday, today and tomorrow for capital expenditures with a tool for reference and planning.