Accruent Launches Connectiv 8.2 to Increase Healthcare Operations Efficiency Through Automation
The COVID-19 pandemic has strained many healthcare operations to their financial and operational limits. Healthcare systems are dealing with shortages of critical supplies, materials , and logistical support when demand surges, as well as facing historically low operating margins. Even before COVID-19, many hospitals struggled with negative margins which have only gotten worse due to the pandemic.
Hospitals across the country continued to feel the pressures of the pandemic throughout 2020. Hospital operating margins for all of 2020 remained below 2019 performance at 2.7% with CARES funding, and 0.3% without government fundingEight months into the pandemic, hospital operating margins remained below 2019 performance at 2.7% YTD through October with CARES Act funding, and -.3% without government funding, according to the Kauffman Hall National Hospital Flash Report: January 2021.
A modern Healthcare Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software solution has become more essential than ever to increase operational efficiency, improve service quality, reduce equipment capital spend, and cut operational costs.
To help our customers improve their delivery of care and optimize hospital operations, Accruent is releasing Connectiv 8.2, an updated version of our flagship Healthcare CMMS. The latest version of Connectiv supports healthcare organizations even more by providing them with key enhanced integrations such as:
- Improved real-time location services (RTLS) through Stanley MobileView
- Integrated document source with the industry’s most comprehensive source of validated healthcare manufacturer documents detailing the safe use, care, preparation, and maintenance of their products through oneSOURCE.
New Connectiv Integrations
Stanley MobileView Integration – Real-Time Location Services
Clinical Engineers and Technicians rely on RTLS solutions to quickly locate equipment inside a hospital so that they can efficiently manage the assets and improve their regulatory compliance. To streamline asset location, Accruent now offers integration with Stanley MobileView through Connectiv to provide:
- Asset Location Updates – Location updates will be sent from MobileView to Connectiv regularly which will include details of assets that moved location, along with the old and new location, and the asset status.
- Asset Location Map View – A URL link will be in Connectiv that automates asset search and will take the technician to the map of the assets and their current locations.
- Asset Data Synchronization - Data for assets will be pushed from Connectiv to MobileView with Connectiv as the system of record for the assets.
- Tag Association/Disassociation – Connectiv will associate a tag to an asset through the CMMS and add or create the newly tagged asset to MobileView. Connectiv will be the “system of reference” for all asset-to-tag associations.
- Automated Work Order Generation – Events such as when equipment is moved, or a pushed call button, will trigger a work order to be opened in Connectiv and include information as to why it was opened. It will also trigger an alert if a device is leaving an area where when it is supposed to remain, or if the asset hasn’t been “heard” from for more than a few hours.
oneSOURCE Documentation Integration
Staying compliant with regulatory guidelines and manufacturer requirements for medical equipment can be tough, especially when manufacturers release subtle upgrades and additions to their equipment and accompanying documentation. To make sure your organization is up to date, Connectiv now includes integration with oneSOURCE, the industry’s most comprehensive source of validated healthcare manufacturer documents detailing the safe use, care, and maintenance of their products.
This integration gives users:
- A quick link inside of Connectiv to take the user to oneSOURCE
- If the user uses both Connectiv and oneSOURCE, the asset documents that relate to the manufacturer and model will display
- The user selects a link to the document and returns to Connectiv once a document is closed.
How Accruent Can Help
Accruent’s Connectiv is the Only Modern CMMS Designed Exclusively for Healthcare.
With Connectiv, you can consolidate your HTM, HFM, IT , and more to a single user experience. Built on the ServiceNow platform, Connectiv supports healthcare organizations in their quest to transform the patient experience, gain real-time visibility into asset performance, optimize work productivity and operational efficiency, and ensure compliance with changing policies, laws, and regulations.
Beyond technology, Accruent experts are available to evaluate your current processes, key performance indicators, and highlight step-by-step improvement recommendations to make your Healthcare Facilities and Biomedical Departments a Strategic Asset.