Producing operational efficiency through streamlined document control.
Key Project Areas (Saleski & Germain)
Gross Barrels Bitumen Per Day
Net Barrels of Probable Reserves
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Laricina Energy is a privately held company focused on leading-edge bitumen (oil sands) exploration, development and production. The company is focused exclusively on the development of in situ (underground) bitumen deposits in sand and carbonate formations, and has established five project development areas with the potential to produce in excess of 600,000 gross barrels of bitumen per day.
Due to the limitations of an existing system and the fact that documentation was stored in three different locations, it often took Document Controllers up to one and a half hours to find just a few files. The company needed to find a system that could:
- Enable users to locate asset-related technical information more quickly and easily in order to keep up with the company’s current projects.
- Ensure that on-site construction teams were working with the most up-to-date engineering documents to avoid costly errors and rework.
- Help maintain compliance with numerous regulatory requirements to show that its documents are secure and properly controlled.
“Meridian has streamlined our document control processes, allowing our Document Control Department to be much more efficient and organized. We believe the solution will yield additional improvements to operational efficiency, including increased revenue and profitability.”
Meridian allows Laricina to discover, monitor, and protect technical asset information throughout the entire asset lifecycle. A key feature is the built-in viewer, which provides redline, markup and compare capabilities. Before redlines and markups are made, the document version at hand can be compared with previous versions or even with other documents. While comparing, the additions and deletions are shown and can be viewed independently.
“Meridian reduces the risks associated with regulatory non-compliance, including shutdowns, fines, and lengthy regulatory reviews and audits.”
By dramatically reducing the time to locate asset and project documentation, Meridian has helped Laricina make better use of document control resources and increase productivity. The solution has also provided Laricina with the confidence to demonstrate regulatory compliance by ensuring that correct information is available at all times and controlling access to native data and information.
- Single point of truth for up-to-date, asset-related technical documentation.
- Improved accessibility, quality and availability of asset and project documentation.
- Increased productivity and better use of document control resources.
- Compliance with numerous regulatory commitments, including Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA).